Elate termites are noticeable during the reproductive period because they fly around lights inside and outside the home, such as on patios or balconies. Packs of elates can be quite intimidating, with as many as hundreds or thousands flying around; the presence of so many suggests that a termite nest must be nearby on the premises. If you notice winged termites nearby during an active month, then immediate remediation is recommended.
What should you be looking for in a pest control company, when it comes to treating a termite infestation?
- Business longevity — more than 5 years experience in the industry indicates that the company will be available for follow-up treatments and questions
- Insurance — a company that can provide a certificate of currency when you request a quote is ideal, so always make sure to get a copy of the certificate before you make a booking
- A licensed technician — this can be verified with the Department of Environmental Health and the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) to verify that the company you are receiving a quote from is completely licensed and qualified to install termite protection
- Multiple quotes — if the company is reputable, then transparency and honesty are important, and this can be achieved by obtaining multiple quotes for comparison and also doing research online about what to expect in terms of an average termite and pest inspection fee
- Chemicals — a reputable company will be qualified to use safe and effective chemicals, supported by research evidence; Dunrite, for example, are on the Termidor website as licensed professionals in the application of Termidor SC and Termidor HE
Dunrite technicians are registered and fully qualified to use Termidor. Termidor is produced by BASF and has delivered unparalleled termite control since it was introduced in 2002 into the Australian market. Dunrite maintains registration by keeping up to date with all courses and techniques related to Termidor and its application, as well as testing new products developed by BASF.
Termite treatments can be used to target active nest sites in houses, trees, stumps, fences, retaining walls, sheds, caravans, and in the ground. The most effective termite solution for protecting your home is a Chemical Subterranean Termite Management System (STMS).
Reports from the Australian Institute of Architects indicate that, on average, subterranean termites cause $10,000 to $15,000 AUD in damages per year. Termites are usually not detected until there is a high level of infestation and damage that becomes noticeable. Another contributing factor to termite infestation is a lack of annual pest inspections and treatments to maintain regular protection.
Effective termite protection is essential to safeguarding your home, business, and investment properties. Dunrite has been protecting South Brisbane homes since 1994.
Warranty: Dunrite offers an eight-year free service warranty, conditional to annual timber pest inspections. Conditions apply.