Do I have a Mouse in the house?
Rodents are the most active during night hours during late summer/early autumn, but our technicians have seen rodent infestations during all times of the year. Mice and rats often enter through the ceiling to nest in the roof void, keeping warm among insulation set-ups where they can rear babies as the months cool down. This kind of environment is what rodents are drawn to: warm, cosy, and heat retaining. If you happen to see mice or rats during the daytime, this is an indication that the infestation is quite extensive.
When inspecting for rat and mouse activity, look for:
- Black, moist, thin droppings
- Debris left from rodents gnawing snail shells, almond shells, and bones
- Missing pet food that has been left out
- Signs of gnawing damage to fruit, vegetables, wood, insulation, and electrical cabling
- ‘Run ways’ which have formed when rodents have used the same path to move (such as through vegetation, gardens, and along fences)
- Greasy rub marks on walls or skirting boards where rodents travel regularly
- Burrow holes close to sheds or under debris
- BBQ plates that give off a strange odour (keep the hood open when not using)
- If you have a dam, look for small holes (bigger than a 50c piece) along the side that could harbour rats or mice
- Under chicken pens or permanent water containers (i.e. baths set in the ground for animals)
Dunrite services the Brisbane, Logan, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, and Redlands areas. We offer a variety of treatments to meet your needs. Our general pest control treatments cover cockroaches, silverfish, webbing spiders, fleas, bed bugs, rats, mice, ants, mosquitos, and wasps. We do not offer treatment for possums or snakes.
Dunrite can provide internal and external treatments using the safest techniques available. The safety of you and your family (including your pets) is a number one priority for Dunrite tecninicans. We will not only treat live invasions, but offer ways to keep pests away in the future. There are many natural and affordable methods for prevention that the technicians can advise you on.